Our schedules seem to get busier every day and sometimes, our eating habits pay the price! We’re always looking for faster and healthier ways to eat (but never sacrifice taste) and we’ve collaborated with Philips to test out their new Philips Airfryer.
The Philips Airfryer is not your typical fryer. This unique kitchen appliance lets you fry with air using Rapid Air Technology by circulating hot air around the food. We were asked to try out one of the recipes created by Gordon Ramsay as well as one of our own.
So do we like the new Philips Airfryer? Definitely. It’s easy to use, convenient and most importantly, healthier, all without sacrificing taste! Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
The Philips Airfryer comes with a recipe booklet with 25 delicious recipes to get you started or you can download the Philips Airfryer app for free; it has over 200 recipes in multiple languages! This Hot Prawns recipe is from their recipe booklet; if you don’t have king prawns, any size prawn will fit the recipe, or shrimp, just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Philips Airfryer Hot Prawns
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8-12 fresh king prawns or shrimp
- Preheat Philips Airfryer to 180 degrees C
- Mix the spices in a bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat in the spices
- Fry in two batches
- Place the spicy prawns into the Airfryer basket. Slide the basket into the Airfryer and set the timer for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the size of the prawns