As you may already know, we have a penchant for gin. Plenty of our bad decisions have been made after a night of drinking gin. Whenever we come across a new brand of gin, we’re curious to try it, especially when it’s a local product.
Ungava Gin is a Quebec-based gin, produced by Domaine Pinnacle. The most unique aspect of this gin is the colour, a vibrant yellow, which makes it hard to miss at the SAQ! There are 6 specific botanicals cultivated from the Ungava Peninsula in Nunavik Quebec that make up this unique blend of gin: cloudberries, crowberries, Labrador tea, Arctic blend, wild rosehips, and of course, juniper. Our Bitter Sweet Cocktail is perfect with Ungava Gin’s distinct flavour, but of course, you can make this cocktail with any gin.
Bitter Sweet Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Ungava gin
- 1 ½ oz Triple sec, or any orange liqueur
- ½ oz lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Half grapefruit, freshly squeezed
- In a shaker combine ice, Ungava gin, Triple sec, lemon juice and grapefruit juice. Shake to combine
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice cubes and serve