Rum is synonymous with many things, especially Cuba. And rightfully so, as Santiago de Cuba is the birthplace of Bacardi Rum. Started in 1842, Bacardi Rum is the most awarded rum to date.
What makes it unique is its light taste that can easily be mixed with other ingredients without losing its light, crisp taste. One of the secret ingredients used to make Bacardi Rum more palatable and less harsh is a strain of yeast that is only found in the sugarcane fields outside of Santiago de Cuba, it is known as “La Levadura Bacardi.”
We created a classic mojito but with a few Diva twists. After all, we don’t like following the rules. And to keep things interesting, instead of ice we added a new, local product called Boost & Freeze, a Popsicle made with natural ingredients like ginko and ginseng for an added boost in your day (or night).
And of course, no mojito is complete without plenty of mint which we once again stole from Senior Diva’s garden, again, under the cover of darkness.
- 2 cups Bacardi Superior White Rum (we like our mojitos strong like our men!)
- ⅔ cup simple syrup
- 1 ½ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 4 limes
- 2 cups Soda
- Boost & Freeze Popsicle or Ice
- Muddle the cherries, mint leaves and simple syrup in a pitcher
- Juice the limes and add the juice to the pitcher
- Add the Bacardi Superior White Rum
- Stir robustly
- Top pitcher with soda, may be less than 2 cups
- Add a chopped up Boost & Freeze Popsicle or ice, and stir lightly
- Garnish with lime wedges, if desired