We don’t like to toot our own horn but this Caesar Salad really is The Perfect Caesar Salad! Never mind using mayonnaise or Greek yogurt to make your dressing, we’re all about authenticity. Caesar Salad is great with grilled chicken as a main, or as a side dish – it’s rich and creamy and we love it!
And if you want jazz up your Caesar Salad, omit the croutons and serve it with slices of cheese pizza for something a little different, but always delicious. Click HERE to see how we did that for our Delissio Pizza Night for National Pizza Day party.
The Perfect Caesar Salad
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmigiano
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 cups croutons
- ¼ cup parmigiano, freshly grated
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Salt (Optional)
- DRESSING: Put all the dressing ingredients in a tall jar or pitcher, and use an emulsion blender to start at the bottom and work your way to the top, ensuring that the egg and oil are emulsified
- Taste and adjust seasoning. We usually add more pepper and a touch more anchovy paste
- SALAD: Fry the bacon until crispy, allow to cool and chop up into thick bacon bits
- In a large bowl toss the romaine lettuce, bacon, croutons and parmigiano
- Add the salad dressing, and freshly cracked black pepper, toss the salad ensuring that the dressing covers all the ingredients
- NOTE: You can add salt, but the anchovy paste, parmigiano and Worcestershire sauce are salty enough!