As you may already know, we have a penchant for gin. Plenty of our bad decisions have been made after a night of drinking gin. Whenever we come across a new brand of gin, we’re curious to try it, especially when it’s a local product.
Ungava Gin is a Quebec-based gin, produced by Domaine Pinnacle. The most unique aspect of this gin is the colour, a vibrant yellow, which makes it hard to miss at the SAQ! There are 6 specific botanicals cultivated from the Ungava Peninsula in Nunavik Quebec that make up this unique blend of gin: cloudberries, crowberries, Labrador tea, Arctic blend, wild rosehips, and of course, juniper. Our Sparkling Citrus Mint Cocktail is perfect with Ungava Gin’s distinct flavour, but of course, you can make this cocktail with any gin. We also used pink sparkling white wine, but feel free to use your favourite bubbly!
Sparkling Citrus Mint Cocktail
- 2 cups mint leaves
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup Ungava gin
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 750 ml bottle sparkling white wine or champagne
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a small saucepan add the mint leaves with the sugar and 1 ½ cups of water. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Cover the pot, remove it from the heat and let it steep for 15 minutes. Pour the mint simple syrup through a strainer to discard the mint and refrigerate until cool
- In a pitcher stir together the Ungava Gin, lime juice, lemon juice and the cooled mint syrup. Top with champagne
- Serve on ice with pomegranate seeds