We prefer white liquor over brown but we’ll make an exception for Rémy Martin VSOP Champagne Cognac. This strong tasting cognac has hints of vanilla due to the oak barrels that this cognac is aged in, and notes of liquorice and fruit. Rémy Martin VSOP is composed of eaux-de-vie from the highest-quality vineyards of Cognac, the Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne. This is known as Cognac Fine Champagne — and here we create a Maple Smash cocktail where maple syrup and citrus are used to bring out the fruity and sweet elements of Rémy Martin VSOP Champagne Cognac.
- 2 oz Rémy Martin VSOP Champagne Cognac
- ½ oz maple syrup
- ½ oz orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ oz lemon juice
- 4 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Orange peel
- 1 ½ oz soda
- Combine the maple syrup with orange juice, lemon juice and Angostura bitters
- Add the orange peel and lightly muddle
- Add the VSOP Champagne Cognac and stir well
- Add ice and top with soda
- NOTE: This cocktail is very tasty when made with Bourbon too!