We prefer white liquor over brown but we’ll make an exception for Rémy Martin VSOP Champagne Cognac. This strong tasting cognac has hints of vanilla, due to the oak barrels that this cognac is aged in, and notes of liquorice and fruit. Rémy Martin VSOP is composed of eaux-de-vie from the highest-quality vineyards of Cognac, the Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne. This is known as Cognac Fine Champagne, and here we pair it with Cointreau in the Remy Knockout.
Cointreau came about in the 1870s in France, it was originally used as a method of preserving oranges which were a rare commodity. Cointreau is described as the perfect blend of bitter and sweet. The White Lady Cocktail has a citrus flavour brought on by the lemon and Cointreau, but with herbal notes from the aromatic Botanist Islay Dry Gin.
- 1.5 oz Rémy Martin VSOP Champagne Cognac
- 1 oz Cointreau
- Splash of pineapple juice
- Splash of cranberry juice (not cranberry cocktail)
- Pour Rémy Martin VSOP Champagne Cognac, Cointreau, pineapple juice and cranberry juice into a glass
- Stir cocktail and add ice