The Divas love a good grilled cheese sandwich. Pair it with a nice salad, or a Bloody Caesar for that perfect pseudo tomato soup and grilled cheese combo. A grilled cheese is the perfect dinner if you want something fast yet delicious. But we aren’t talking about a piece of Kraft Cheese in between two slices of white bread. Relax! We’re Divas after all… we mean gourmet grilled cheeses. Obviously!
We usually love making grilled cheeses with rye bread but we were recently inspired by St-Méthode Bakery. Opened in 1947, this bakery was opened in the village of St-Méthode. Over 60 years later the bakery is providing renowned bread to Quebec. We adore rye bread but for a different texture and taste, we like using St-Méthode Bakery bread when making a grilled cheese sandwich!
We fell in love with Sinai Gourmet hot sauce at the Montreal Oysterfest, our favourite was their Habanero Maple hot sauce. Forget Tabasco, Sinai Gourmet is revolutionizing hot sauces by creating sauces with natural flavours and by combining peppers. And they’re a Montreal brand, and we absolutely love buying local.
Portobello Grilled Cheese
- St-Méthode Olive Oil bread
- 1 Portobello mushroom cap, thickly sliced
- Arugula, handful
- Aged cheddar
- 1 tbsp Hummus
- 2 drops Sinai Gourmet Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the Portobello mushroom cap and sauté lightly in olive oil, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, set aside
- Mix the hummus with Sinai Gourmet Jalapeno Hot Sauce, to taste. Spread this on one or both sides of the St-Méthode Olive Oil bread
- Layer the aged cheddar, prosciutto, arugula, and sautéed mushrooms
- Place the second slice of bread to close the sandwich
- Lightly coat the outside of the bread with mayonnaise
- Grill in panini press or fry in a pan
- Serve with a salad or a Bloody Caesar, we never judge 😉
Tagged: Aged Cheddar, Arugula, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Hot Sauce, Hummus, Mushrooms, Olive Oil Bread, Portobello Mushrooms, Prosciutto, Recipe, sandwich, Sinai Gourmet, Sinai Gourmet Hot Sauce, Ste-Methode, Ste-Methode Bread