Our schedules seem to get busier every day and sometimes, our eating habits pay the price! We’re always looking for faster and healthier ways to eat (but never sacrifice taste) and we’ve collaborated with Philips to test out their new Philips Airfryer.
The Philips Airfryer is not your typical fryer. This unique kitchen appliance lets you fry with air using Rapid Air Technology by circulating hot air around the food. We were asked to try out one of the recipes created by Gordon Ramsay as well as one of our own.
So do we like the new Philips Airfryer? Definitely. It’s easy to use, convenient and most importantly, healthier, all without sacrificing taste! Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
We decided to change the side dish of this Gordon Ramsay recipe. Instead of using leftover potatoes, we decided to try making fries in the Airfryer, sans oil. You can use the Airfryer to cook homemade fries or use frozen fries, whatever you have on hand. But trust us, this steak rub by Gordon Ramsay will definitely become something you use on a regular basis!
Philips Airfryer Coffee and Chili Rubbed Rib-Eye Steak by Gordon Ramsay
- ¼ cup ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup espresso powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks (approx. 2 inches thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 300-750 g fries
- STEAK: Combine all the spices in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 200 degrees C
- Generously rub the dry spice mixture into the steaks and then season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes
- Cook the steak for 10 minutes. Open the drawer and flip the steak and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Repeat with the remaining steaks
- FRIES: Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 200 degrees C
- Place frozen fries in the basket of Philips Airfryer
- At the halfway mark, open the drawer and give the basket a shake.
- Cook for remaining time (dependent on the amount of fries)