Our schedules seem to get busier every day and sometimes, our eating habits pay the price! We’re always looking for faster and healthier ways to eat (but never sacrifice taste) and we’ve collaborated with Philips to test out their new Philips Airfryer.
The Philips Airfryer is not your typical fryer. This unique kitchen appliance lets you fry with air using Rapid Air Technology by circulating hot air around the food. We were asked to try out one of the recipes created by Gordon Ramsay as well as one of our own.
So do we like the new Philips Airfryer? Definitely. It’s easy to use, convenient and most importantly, healthier, all without sacrificing taste! Check out the recipes below for some inspiration.
Chicken wings with a crispy coating but tender meat are the perfect party food! We make our own Creole seasoning (aren’t we fab?), but you can buy very good Creole or Cajun seasoning at the grocery store, so it’s not necessary to make your own. But if you’re interested, click HERE for our Creole seasoning recipe.
Philips Airfryer Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup Frank’s hot sauce or Bajan hot sauce
- ½ cup salted butter
- Lime wedge
- Preheat the Philips Airfryer to 390 degrees
- Combine the flour and the seasonings in a bowl. Add the chicken wings and coat with the mixture.
- Place the wings in the basket of the Philips Airfryer
- After 15 minutes, open the drawer and flip the wings. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine the hot sauce and butter, heat on low until the sauce begins to boil
- Pour the sauce over the crispy chicken wings and coat evenly
- Serve with lime wedges
- NOTE: If you don’t have the Philips Airfryer cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 450 degrees, turning after 20 minutes