Who doesn’t love the combination of sweet n’ salty, especially when you combine chocolate and peanut butter! We love it, so we decided to make our own peanut butter cups with a few twists, including a hint of coffee. We used semi-sweet chocolate and creamy peanut butter, but feel free to use your favourite type of chocolate and peanut butter, like dark chocolate and crunchy peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp instant coffee grounds
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ tsp salt
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin liners
- Melt 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips over a double boiler, or microwave, until completely melted. Stir in ¼ tsp of the coffee grounds
- Put 1 tbsp of the melted chocolate coffee mixture in each muffin liner. Place in freezer for 15 minutes
- Beat the peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter and salt in a mixer until smooth
- Remove the muffin tray from the freezer, and add 1 tsp of the peanut butter mixture on top of each piece of hardened chocolate. Place in freezer for another 15 minutes
- Melt the remaining 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips. Stir in the remaining ¼ tsp of coffee grounds
- Remove the muffin tin from the freezer, and top with 1 tbsp of the melted chocolate coffee mixture in each muffin liner. Return to the freezer for 15 minutes
- Store the cups in the fridge and serve when ready!