We have done some pretty questionable things fueled by alcohol but we’ve also done some equally sketchy things completely sober. So it’s no surprise that when we asked our friends to help us with a new project, they were game, especially when drinking was involved.
Kamouraska Vodka, which is a product of Quebec, has a smooth, clean taste which comes from its triple distillation process and charcoal filtration. Currently, along with the regular flavoured Kamouraska vodka, they also produce different flavours, including: spiced, bacon, maple and ice cream.
We don’t usually gravitate towards flavoured alcohols but we’re open minded and we gave them a shot, actually we were pleasantly surprised with some of the results.
We were skeptical about mixing alcohol and ice cream but it was the end of the night, we had already broken the golden drinking rule of not mixing alcohols, so we threw caution to the wind. We were pleasantly surprised at the results! Not overly sweet, it reminded us of a float that you’d get in your childhood, except with alcohol, to satisfy the adult child in all of us.
- 4 oz Kamouraska Ice Cream vodka
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (we love Breyers)
- Root beer or Coca-Cola (whichever you prefer)
- Scoop the ice scream into a tall glass
- Pour the Kamouraska Ice Cream vodka on top
- Top with Root beer or Coca-Cola (we had Pepsi in the fridge so we went with that!)
- Serve with a straw and spoon