Filicori Zecchini was founded in Bologna, Italy in 1919; it is still run by the founding families. They roast each type of green coffee separately, working to bring out the best taste and aromas from each coffee bean. They don’t only make coffee; they make delicious teas too, that are bursting with flavour. We used Filicori Zecchini jasmine green tea to create our Jasmine Sweet Tea Cocktail. The recipe makes a pitcher of Sweet Tea that you can enjoy on its own or in our cocktail.
We love supporting local products, so we’re fans of Romeo’s Gin which is a Montreal dry gin. Romeo’s Gin is made up of juniper, cucumber, lavender, almond, lemon, etc – you can imagine how well it goes with our Jasmine Sweet Tea, enhancing its herbal flavours.
Jasmine Sweet Tea Cocktail
- JASMINE SWEET TEA:
- 4 tea bags of jasmine green tea (we used Filicori Zecchini)
- 8 cups water
- 4 slices of ginger, peeled
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 ½ oz Romeo’s gin
- 3 oz jasmine sweet tea
- Mint leaves, garnish
- Lemon slices, garnish
- JASMINE SWEET TEA: Boil water and remove from heat. Add tea bags and ginger, let steep for 5 minutes
- Add sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher, straining out the tea bags and ginger
- Refrigerate until chilled
- Add lemon juice and stir
- NOTE: The Jasmine Sweet Tea can be made up to a week before, it makes a large pitcher that is delicious on its own or in our cocktail!
- COCKTAIL: Fill a glass half way with ice
- Pour the Romeo’s gin, top with jasmine sweet tea. Stir lightly
- Garnish with mint leaves and lemon slices
Tagged: Cocktail, Cocktail Recipe, Filicori Zecchini, Filicori Zecchini jasmine green tea, Gin, Gin Cocktail, Green Tea, Jasmine Sweet Tea, Jasmine Sweet Tea cocktail, Montreal gin, Romeo’s Gin, Romeo’s Gin Montreal, Sweet Tea, sweet tea recipe, Tea