We absolutely love avocados and anyone who loves avocados, adores guacamole. Traditionally it’s made with limes and red onion but Diva #1 usually has lemons and green onions at home so she often substitutes some of the ingredients, and it’s delicious nonetheless. You can make it either way! This dip is perfection with tortilla chips, but it can also be enjoyed with carrots or red peppers for a healthy alternative.
And for those of you not YET in love with avocados, they’re also REALLY good for you, click HERE for an interesting read on the 19 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Avocado. We love it when things taste good but are also good for you 😉
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 limes or 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes or Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup coriander, finely chopped, likely more (yum!)
- ½ red onion or 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, using a potato masher or fork, mash the avocados with the lime or lemon juice, tomatoes, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Mash to desired consistency.
- Stir in the onion, garlic and coriander
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, stir and serve
- NOTE: If you place the pits of the avocados on top of your guacamole, it will keep your guacamole from browning