We so rarely make it up for breakfast or brunch, we’re the sorta girls who sleep until noon and lounge in bed until 2pm, complaining that we wasted our day every single weekend. So we need to make our own breakfast sandwich because we never wake up in time to go for brunch. And if we’re going to make one, we’re going to make it dirty… it’s the perfect cure for a hangover!
We fell in love with Sinai Gourmet hot sauce at the Montreal Oysterfest, our favourite was their Habanero Maple hot sauce. Forget Tabasco, Sinai Gourmet is revolutionizing hot sauces by creating sauces with natural flavours and by combining peppers. And they’re a Montreal brand, and we absolutely love buying local.
Dirty Good Breakfast Sandwich
- English muffin
- Orange cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 drops Sinai Hot Sauce (Habanero Maple)
- Fry bacon on medium heat – we love our bacon crispy, and don’t be stingy, cook a lot of bacon god damnit!
- Fry the egg with butter and when you’ve flipped it over, toss on the cooked bacon and top with orange cheddar cheese while the egg is still in the pan
- Keep warm until the cheese has melted
- Toast the English muffin and spread on some mayonnaise for added decadence
- Place the egg, bacon and cheese concoction on one half of the toasted and mayo-lathered English muffin
- We love adding a few drops of Sinai Gourmet hot sauce for an added kick, but it’s spicy so be careful kids!