The original Bombay Sapphire is made up of 10 botanicals including almond, juniper berries, coriander, cassia and more. Vapour infusion is the first step in preparing this gin, it is then triple distilled for its distinct flavour. In Bombay Sapphire East, two more ingredients are added, Thai lemongrass and black peppercorns. The taste of black pepper stands out the most.
Using the same ol’ mixers for cocktails can get boring. There are plenty available on the market and recently, we fell in love with Fentimans, a soda that was founded in the early 1900’s and is made by the same family today. They make several products, not just tonic, including Curiosity Cola, Ginger Beer, Cherry Cola, Herbal Tonic, Victorian Lemonade, Rose Lemonade, and Dandelion & Burdock.
Our Sensei, out of pure concern for our well-being, once advised us to stick to clear spirits, as they would lessen the effects of a hangover. We rarely listen to him but sometimes, his voice is like Jiminy Cricket in the back of our heads, and we remember his wise words. Hence our love of gin. Go big or go home! We made a pitcher of Strawberry Gin Smash … 3 times. Our friends were thirsty, or they’re alcoholics 😉
Strawberry Gin Smash
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups Bombay Sapphire East
- Club Soda
- Mint (for garnish)
- Muddle the sugar and lime juice in a pitcher
- Add the sliced strawberries and muddle lightly
- Add the Bombay Sapphire East and stir
- Pour into glasses filled with ice
- Top with club soda, to taste
- Garnish with strawberries and mint