Our Basic Bitch Sangria is perfect for a hot summer night of boozing and talking about boys. We prefer our cocktails strong, with a bite, but we’re all about pleasing the masses. And every once in awhile, we’re a little basic ourselves. We use Banrock Station Moscato that is light and sweet, like a spritzer with hints of tropical fruits. It’s delicious, especially when we paired it with Origin Jus seabuckthorn berry juice, no crappy juice made from concentrate for these Divas! This healthy juice is made from maple sap, and the seabuckthorn berry adds a tartness that is a perfect contrast with the sweet Moscato. And if you’re wondering where to find Origin Jus, fret not, click HERE to see where they’re available. So, when you’re feeling a little basic, try this sangria recipe!
Basic Bitch Sangria
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- ½ orange, sliced
- 1 ½ oz triple sec or any orange liqueur
- ½ cup Banrock Station Moscato
- ¼ cup Origin Jus Seabuckthorn berry juice
- Drop of grenadine
- In a wine glass or any tall glass, add ice, a few slices of strawberries and a few slices of orange
- Top with the triple sec, Banrock Station Moscato wine and Origin Jus juice. Stir lightly
- Add a drop of grenadine for some colour and sweetness – voilà, it doesn’t get more basic than this!